Thursday, April 14, 2011

40 weeks

So Friends-I never thought that I would actually be writing this post. I don't know why I have had it in my mind since this all began that Elsie would come early. Not like a week or two, but at least a couple days. We had 3 friends/family members that had babies in the past month and ALL came at least a couple days early. That fact alone is making me more ready than ever for Elsie to be here. However, I called and talked to my dear friend, Keila, this morning and she made me feel much better. Her son, Nehemiah, was a week late and he has been a great baby with no problems breastfeeding, not sick, sleeps at night, etc. She also shared a bible verse with me from when she was at the same stage I am.

: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything present your request to God." Phil 4:6.

As hard as it is, and as much as I want to meet my baby girl, I have to remember who is in control and who's plan this is...NOT mine:)

•How far along: 40 Weeks
•Total Weight Gained: 12 pounds (Gained 4 2 weeks ago, then lost 3 on Tuesday) My guess is water weight
•Maternity Clothes: ALL the time! I have been able to wear my normal shorts for MOST of the pregnancy, but now, they are all too short and thus, I have minimal attire at this point.
•Sleep: UGH!!! Last night was great (only 2 pee breaks), the past few nights tho...NOT GOOD!!! Laying there pondering/worrying for 2 hours is not my idea of fun. If I am going to wake up in the middle of the night, I want a baby to feed/change/hold.
•Best Moment of the Week(s): Andrew's Cousin, Melanie, had her baby Madelyn. LOVE seeing all the pictures!
•Movement: Yes! and sometimes she feels like she is going to push her way out, but obviously, she hasn't. I can tell she is getting bigger. When she is in my ribs and pushing down low, makes me think she is HUGE.
•Food Cravings: Pizza...I'm a freak. Why is this all I want?
•Food Aversions: anything healthy...Terrible! I know! and meat with bones. YUCK!
•Symptoms: Finally having some Braxton Hicks Contractions, even though at this point, they should be REAL!
•What I miss: having some clothes to wear...
•What I'm looking forward to: WEDNESDAY!!!! I will be induced Wednesday if she doesn't come before then, so instead of getting my hopes up, I am just couting down. 6 days!
•Other news: Andrew and I are so ready to meet our baby girl. I have a really cute Easter outfit for her, but she is most likely going to be like 3 or 4 days old for Easter and probably won't be able to wear it because she will be too small. I am off work until August. I don't have a job for next year yet (I have a job, just not a specific location). I get to meet Emmalyn this week. (my friend, Kayla's month old daughter). I think that's it.

1 comment:

Sabrina Pate said...

Yay for her going full term! That is great for her health! And yay, you are soo close to meeting her! Wow!

I cant wait to hear all about what its like to have a newborn-- dont forget to blog all about it : )