Thursday, June 23, 2011

Change of Plans

So, the plan was for me to go back to work July 18 at Lincoln Elementary in a Special Education classroom. July 18 was the first day I technically had to report, but add a week of training before that and setting up a brand new classroom and essentially I would be going to back to work within the next week or so. This made me very sad and the amount of hours I would spend at work when the school year started had me freaking out. I would sit and think about it the entire time during Elsie's middle of the night feedings.

Thus, I started looking for part time jobs. Andrew and I looked at our budget and things worked out. Since we have been debt free for a few months, we were able to financially support this decision.

I interviewed for one Pre-K position, but did not get the job. I e-mailed the pre-school at our church just asking if they had an opening. Well...they did!! So after I e-mailed my resume the director called and asked if we could talk. We arranged a meeting in which she said I could bring Elsie (How awesome is that?) However, I left Elsie with her papaw and went to meet. I was there an hour and a half and it was awesome. I felt like this is where God wanted me when I left. SO, the only thing I could do was pray that this really was where God wanted me.

Side note-a lady we know very well from church had suggested me for this position before I e-mailed about it. Talk about God having his hand on all of this...yeah...

The director called Monday, I called back and accepted Tuesday and sent my resignation to the EVSC yesterday. I worked with some AMAZING people the past two years and I am very thankful for facebook in order to keep in touch with them.

I will be teaching Pre-K M/W/F 11:30-3 and 3 year olds T/Th 8-11:30. My mom will be keeping Elsie (another HUGE blessing)

I am very excited to spend more time with my little lady!

No comments: