Thursday, May 5, 2011

GAS...o, how I dislike you!!

So, let me start with the title of this blog post...GAS-

GAS came into our lives about a week ago. Actually it came in 2 1/2 weeks ago, but didn't cause us any issues until about a week ago. Baby E has been the champion of tooting and burping after feeding. There is no doubt when she toots, it is loud and occassionally stinky. However, about a week ago, I could not get my sweet baby girl to calm down. My first moment of HOLY COW WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!! I was getting frustrated and I even cried with her for a few minutes. Then, I got her calmed down and sleeping. When Andrew got home, she did the same thing, then we remembered we had Mylicon drops and decided to try those. They were AMAZING!!! Almost instantly, she started tooting and life was good.

To this point, she is a very content baby. The only reasons she cries are if she is hungry and if she has gas. With gas, MOST of the time the Mylicon will work, but not always.

Now-what most of our days look like-

Elsie usually eats between 5 and 6:30, some days, she stays awake after that, other days she goes back to sleep (like today!!)

She eats again 3 1/2 to 4 hours later and is awake after that feeding. She may lay under her play mat, lay in her boppy lounger, or swing (she LOVES the swing).



After she plays for a bit, she is ready to nap again. Sometimes in her swing, boppy lounger or mommy's chest (my fav!)




We usually repeat this a couple times until daddy gets home.



She eats again between 9-11 and we put her to bed for the night. She will get up once in the middle of the night to eat around 4 1/2 hours after her last feeding. We swaddle her then swaddle her ever moving legs with another blanket. Sometimes she will take a paci to help her calm herself down, but sometimes she just goes right to sleep.

I am LOVING being a mommy and I am so grateful that she is such a good baby. I have been able to clean house, eat meals (maybe not at the right times), and do other things around the house between feedings.

1 comment:

Sabrina Pate said...

Wow, I cant believe she is already on a 3 1/2 to 4 hour schedule. I am hoping for the same!!