Wednesday, May 18, 2011

1 month

How can it be that my baby is 1 month old? I am not looking forward to how fast time is going to fly by. But, I am looking forward to watching Elsie grow and develop:)

Last month at this time, our sweet baby was in the NICU and we were really not sure what was going on. We had just gone into visit her and many many tears were shed and LOTS of prayers were said. My mom, dad, brother, sis in law, and niece kept us company for most of the day. Andrew's parents came later in the evenings and we had a few family/friends come to visit.

Here is our lovely lady today:


I am not sure exactly how much she weighs or how long she is, but I am thinking about running up to the hospital for a weight check.

What Elsie has been up to the past month:
She LOVES her swing!! She would stay in there forever if we would let her. After her first morning feed, she hangs out in there while mommy gets things done around the house and gets ready for the day.

If she is fussy, you can swing her in her car seat or put her in the swing. The baby loves to swing. We are going to by a travel swing for when we camp, go to BG, etc.

After she eats, she is wide awake and alert. This is when we do tummy time and play on her play mat.

She is more and more alert each day and in the past week has started making noises and "talking" to us when we talk to her.

She will smile when she is being talked to, when she is falling asleep or is all the way asleep. I love her see her sweet smile.

Elsie most definitely recognizes mine and Andrew's voice, and it makes us feel so special.

She is eating at 10, 2:30, and 7 most nights. Which means mommy and daddy get around 7 hours of sleep each night (daddy gets more because he sleeps through the feedings and only wakes to change a diaper or burp her)

She is nursing most of the day every 3 hours and gets 3 oz bottle of breastmilk right before bed. That's Elsie and Daddy bonding time.

We try to get out of the house once a day, whether it be a trip to Target, meeting daddy for lunch, going for a walk, running a random errand, small group, etc.

Big Events the past month:
Easter (seems so long ago)
Newborn pics/Family pics
First trip to Bowling Green (stayed with Grandma and Granddaddy)
Mommy's cousin, Kim's, wedding reception
Adam, Em, and Bella came to Evansville a couple time
Met Mommy's teacher and student friends at Tekoppel

I am sure I am forgetting some important things, so I will have to try to come back and fill in as I think of things throughout the day.

1 comment:

Sabrina Pate said...

She is so cute!!

So when do you pump for the bottle at night? And when did you start pumping and give her a bottle? I will have to pump when I go back to work, so I still am not sure when I should start introducing that so he will be ready.